This module, housed at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Stellenbosch University, is an introduction to the principles of electrical machines and power electronics for third year Industrial, Mechanical and Mechatronic students. The following topics are covered during the course of this module:
- Non-ideal transformer model
- Introduction to machine principles
- Alternating Current Machine Principles
- Basic working in the steady state of synchronous generators, synchronous motors and induction motors
- Inverter-fed induction machine drives
- Basic working in the steady state of direct current motors and direct current generators
- Converter-fed direct current machine drives
- Basic working of single phase motors and stepper motors.
English Study Guide | Afrikaanse Studiegids.